top of page

EB-3, Third Preference

The EB-3 is an immigrant visa preference category for United States employment-based permanent residency, which is intended for "skilled workers", "professionals", and "other workers".


  • Skilled worker - must be able to demonstrate at least 2 years of job experience or training;


  • Professional - must possess a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign degree equivalent, and must demonstrate that a baccalaureate degree is the normal requirement for entry into the occupation. Education and experience may not be substituted for a baccalaureate degree;


  • Other worker - must be capable, at the time the petition is filed by the sponsoring employer, of performing unskilled labor (requiring less than 2 years training or experience), that is not of a temporary or seasonal nature, for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.


Family of EB-3 Visa Holders


Spouse of worker may be admitted to the United States in E-34 (spouse of a “skilled worker” or “professional”) or EW4 (spouse of an “other worker”). During the process of applying for permanent resident status, your spouse is eligible to file for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Your minor children (under the age of 21) may be admitted as E-35 (child of a “skilled worker” or “professional”) or EW5 (child of an “other worker”).

bottom of page